A common way to register a company in Curacao is to register a private company with limited liability, known as the Netherlands Antilles Besloten Vennootschap (NABV / N.V. or B.V.).
- Freedom from taxes, if structured right
- 10% of shares must be registered in the Register of Shareholders
- Shareholders meet every year, Trustees are welcome to join the meetings
- Audits and keeping records is obligatory
- To escape taxation, the companies must act as investment or holding companies
- Income must be collected either in the parent company or in another jurisdiction
Another type of company often registered is Public Partnership (limited partnership).
Public Partnership features:
- Distinction between limited partners and managing partners
- Formed by a notarial or a private deed
- Each of partners pay their share of taxes
Casino activities in Curacao
Gambling is one of the top business activities in the jurisdiction – due to very favourable legislative conditions and convenient infrastructure.
The main advantages of running business in Curacao:
- Companies only pay 2% profit tax
- There are no limits on withdrawing dividends
- Licensing business is easy and fast
- Technical support for casinos is at a very high level
- No need to register an office in Curacao
In order to open a company in Curacao you need to provide the following set of documents:
- A copy of a document confirming the beneficiary’s identity
- Confirmation of the address (utility bills not older than 2 months before the company registration)
- Recommendation from the bank
- Information on incomes
- Information on the company’s activities and software
Cost is one of the main reasons why Curacao is chosen for running the business. Comparatively low costs and low taxation is why gambling companies prefer this jurisdiction for registering their businesses.