What does eCOGRA do?
eCOGRA is a nonprofit organization initially founded by Microgaming and 888 in 2002. Later, it became independent and established cooperation with the biggest gambling providers. Today, eCOGRA’s certificate is considered a mark of a reliable, high-quality brand.
The main objective of eCOGRA is to assess gambling platforms against certain criteria. If a company meets all the requirements, it receives the Safe and Fair seal. In addition to the testing and certification of online gambling systems, eCOGRA also mediates disputes between gamblers and casinos. It ensures that all players receive bonuses and winnings on time, and that operators do not violate their own terms and conditions.
The lack of regulation over the Internet has led to serious privacy and corruption issues in every industry, including gambling. Each day, thousands of players lose money to fraud or unscrupulous practices on the part of online casinos. Fortunately, regulatory bodies like eCOGRA are there to curb any illegal activities. They work hard to ensure Internet gambling is not only exciting, but also fair.
eCOGRA consists of two departments:
- ATA (Approved Testing Agency). This division issues certificates, inspects gambling platforms and tests their software.
- SRS (Self-Regulation Services). This one is responsible for creating a healthy environment in the gambling industry.
Key advantages of eCOGRA
Having an eCOGRA seal of approval provides a number of benefits:
- It confirms the fairness and safety of the casino. This is one of the most effective ways to retain existing customers and attract new ones;
- It helps to avoid constant checks by other auditing bodies;
- It allows offering slots and other casino games in any jurisdiction in the world;
- It enables the platform to use in-house scripts after testing the RNG algorithm.
Main steps in the certification process
In order to obtain the eCOGRA seal and display it on their website, business owners must do the following:
- Apply for the certificate. This can be done by the owner, co-owner or manager.
- Submit the required documentation package. First of all, the casino must be a legally registered company. Secondly, eCOGRA requires information regarding the game providers, offered bonuses, corporate charter, etc. Furthermore, identity documents of the company’s management team must be provided.
- Wait for the eCOGRA’s approval. Their experts will conduct a series of tests, give some useful advice, and finally issue the certificate.
Naturally, it is impossible to have full control over the iGaming industry. However, if a platform has the eCOGRA’s Safe and Fair seal, it means it successfully passed all the tests and is certified by a reputable independent agency. Hence, you can trust it and start using its services without any worries.
What is the cost of the eCOGRA certificate?
There is no standard price for submitting an application. The cost varies on a case-by-case basis and depends on a company’s structure, the types of games it offers and its gaming providers collection. To find out the exact price of the certificate, contact experts that specialize in preparing documents for audits.